Your FAQ's Answered Here
Note: Buy more than $60* receive free shipping to Canada and $80** to USA.
**increased from $60 due to higher shipping costs and switching to Fedex
Using Shopping Cart
If a product is available in various sizes, to add larger sizes to your order, please click on the size selection window. Once you click on it (if it shows both up/down arrows - that other sizes are available) the options will show and you can choose the one you want. Take a look here:
Where does FERLOW BOTANICALS ship to?
We ship within Canada via Canada Post and USA via USPS (thru Canada Post). Unfortunately, we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes at this time and are unable to send packages to international countries* or destinations via the online shopping cart. Learn more about shipping. (USA is the 48 adjoining States including Hawaii and Alaska)
Remember... if you want to get your hands on our products right away, visit one of our retailers - call us for the one nearest you.
Call toll-free 1-888-747-6287 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to order from outside of Canada/USA. We can arrange it manually.
Can I Pick Up my Order from Ferlow Botanicals ?
Yes, on-line orders can be picked up at our manufacturing facility in Vancouver Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please complete your online purchase before arriving at the warehouse. Please notify us of your planned pickup time so we can be sure to have your order ready.
Unit 5, 8385 St.George St
When you go through the check out process, fill in your 'Shipping address' information - you will get the option to select 'pick-up' on the next page after you have hit the blue 'Continue to shipping method' button.
Under 'Shipping method' select the button Customer Warehouse Pick-up.
If I have to pay for shipping why is it so expensive ?
Free shipping seems to be an online shopping phenomenon. Rest assured, it's hidden in the product price somewhere, and our costs seem to go up every year. When we do charge for shipping it is actually about 70% of our actual cost. So as an example, if Canada Post charges us $10 for shipping, we charge you about $7.
How do I track my order?
When your order is shipped from our warehouse, we will send you an email to confirm your shipment - this email will include a tracking number and link to enable you to track your package. Tracking may not be available for some international and USA orders.
Purchases and returns
How do I change or cancel my order?
We do not normally accept order cancellations or changes once an order has been processed, but we will make every effort to assist you before your order is shipped. If you have made an error, please call right away at 1.888.747.6287 and quote your order number. Hopefully we can resolve it in a timely manner. If the package has left our warehouse, unfortunately we can't refund shipping costs as we have been billed already.
Where can I find the nearest FERLOW BOTANICALS retailer?
We are rapidly expanding throughout Canada. Please call 1.888.747.6287 for the retailer nearest you. If there are no locations near you, FERLOW BOTANICALS (phone and web) will be pleased to deliver your order right to your door.
I have a question about a product I purchased in a retail store…
If you have a question about a product you purchased in a retail store, please call or visit the store where you made the purchase or call us toll free 1.888.747.6287 and/or email email@example.com Do keep in mind we do not have a licensed physician on staff and cannot give medical advice by phone or email.
How do I return my order?
FERLOW BOTANICALS wants you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return a product, please contact Customer Care at 1.888.747.6287 to obtain a return authorization and receive further instructions. Learn more about returning orders.
Who do I contact if I'm having technical difficulties with the website?
If you are having difficulty placing an order online, or experiencing other problems with the website, call Customer Care at 1.888.747.6287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I've forgotten my password and can't login to my account - what do I do?
#1 click on SIGN IN on the top right. Then #2 click on the "Forgot your password?" link, then enter your e-mail address and instructions on how to reset your password will be sent to you. Sorry, we do not know your password.
Does FERLOW BOTANICALS offer free product samples?
We frequently include product samples when we ship purchased items. Sample size products are also available to purchase at nominal cost for many of the items we manufacture. In general, if you don't see a sample size listed in the online store it is not available. You can also drop by our manufacturing facility and request a sample during regular business hours.
Does FERLOW BOTANICALS have a newsletter? How do I sign-up?
FERLOW BOTANICALS sends out e-news on occasion. Our emails include exclusive offers, product announcements, events and helpful skin and hair care advice.
Once you setup an account in the online store you can opt-in or opt-out of receiving newsletters to your email at any time. You can also unsubscribe at any time - but keep in mind if we offer product specials you'll miss out.
Rest assured FERLOW BOTANICALS will not share your contact information with third parties.
What is FERLOW BOTANICALS mailing address?
FERLOW BOTANICAL ENTERPRISES LTD.
8385 ST. GEORGE STREET, Unit 5
VANCOUVER, BC V6P 6S3
- I notice some products are listed as "traditionally used as..." when I know it can be used for other things? Answer: Most NPN registered products are registered for specific uses. Ask your health care professional about using products for other ailments/conditions not listed. We cannot give medical advice as we don't have a medical practitioner on staff.
- How long do your products last? Answer: It varies but most personal care products are manufactured with up to 24month expiry date. As mentioned we manufacture fresh in small batches. We always rotate our stock so you'll never receive outdated product. Tinctures have up to 10yr expiry.
- Could I be allergic to some of your products? Answer: It's possible. Even products made with clean ingredients can cause an allergic response. For instance citrus allergies - those consumers can't use products containing lemon or sweet orange, etc. It doesn't say anything about the quality of the products. If you do have an allergic reaction, please discontinue use of the product and let us know right away.
- What do you mean by "clean ingredient products"? Answer: It's a phrase we coined because from day #1 we always manufactured our products avoiding the use of controversial or dangerous chemicals/ingredients. This is why we make our products without parabens, phenoxyethanol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, synthetic colours, formaldehyde, urea, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, phosphates, etc..... we could list the nasties all day long. What you put on your skin absorbs into our body and consequently can affect your long-term health. We don't believe in "junk food garbage" personal care products. Quality ingredients aren't cheap but you deserve it. Each ingredient we use is evaluated for safety, efficacy and environmental footprint and customer perception in the marketplace via EWG Cosmetics Database and other resources.
- Why do you use mostly plastic packaging? Answer: there are a number of products where we use glass packaging (ie. essential oils, tincture extracts) but for those that don't we use plastic packaging that can be easily recycled. Plastic vs glass is a complicated subject but if we keep it simple, plastic is lighter weight which keeps down shipping costs. Breakage is minimal as plastic is more durable than glass. Manufacturing a plastic container uses fractions of the energy required to blow glass containers. So it boils down to less shipping costs for you, less breakage for both of us, and overall less environmental energy footprint. Having said that we do keep our eyes open for new packaging technology.
- Why do some cream jars have a "7" recycling number on the bottom? Answer: "7" is unfortunately a broad recycling category referred to as "other plastics" - some consumers think this is a "bad" category but that's not the case. These are not necessarily bad or unrecyclable products. For instance on a few types of plastic jars the "7" refers to two different types of plastic that make up the jar. There is actually an inner liner and an outer skin. One is made from PS (polystyrene) which is a #6 on it's own, the other from PP (polypropylene) which is a #5 on it's own. It's difficult but when empty you can separate the two from each other. Finished plastic assemblies that are comprised of one or more types of plastics are labeled a "7". Oddly the jar manufacturer has some jars that are a "5" and have no reasoning why they have both types. Most of the white plastic bottles such as 60ml/250ml/1L are made from high density polyethylene which is easily recyclable and a #2.
NEW in 2018 we transitioned some of our best-selling products into cosmetic soft tubes. In comparison to hdpe bottles, each tube will use even less plastic, typically 50% less than jars. They are also fully recyclable LDPE which is a #4. Compared to jars tubes have a few advantages.... just to name a few: 1) they look fabulous - no labels 2) less than 50% of jar plastic content 3) more hygienic - no fingers in the jar 4) less complicated to assemble during production 5) built-in safety seal.
- What kind of shipping filler do you use in the shipping boxes? Answer: Sometimes we use recycled paper fill but mostly we use RENATURE® 100% biodegradable peanuts made from an annually renewable starch raw material (potato and wheat starch). They disintegrate quickly when in contact with water or other liquid. We don't use styrofoam fill. If we receive air pillow bags in shipments to us we recycle those as stuffing.
- Do you recycle in your facility? Answer: Yes of course. We have separate paper/cardboard recycling. Food waste goes into a green bin. Plastics and metals are dropped off at our local recycling facility. We re-use cardboard boxes from our suppliers as much as possible and recycle the remainder.
What is Ferlow Botanicals doing for green initiatives? Answer: We have retrofitted the lighting in our facility to energy-saving electronic ballasts/bulbs with a program from BC Hydro via www.itsonelectric.com . There are stickers on all light switches showing the power consumption and encourage everyone to shut lights off when they're not needed. During cooler weather we recycle waste heat from our steam generator which provides us distilled water and steam process heat. Unfortunately due to our building lease restrictions (no roof access) we can't put solar panels on the roof. Personally, we have more than 12kw gridtie solar panels, solar domestic hot water system, experimental wind turbine and make biodiesel from waste fryer oil. We hope our green energy initiatives have inspired others to do the same.